Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What do I want on my webpage?

As a teacher I would want to create a website that had everything I would want if I were a student or a parent. As a future high school teacher I would want to create a website for high school students that was informative and helpful. As a teacher of science I want to help my students understand the subject matter better and excel academically. Based on my own experience as a student I would want a clear schedule of assignments and calendar for lectures. I would want access to all notes and live lectures to reinforce a concept. I believe there should be open communication between the teacher and students and among the students themselves. A way for interactive homework help or a round table for projects would be a tremendous aide. I talked with a former high school teacher of mine that teaches physics at Mentor High School. He agreed that some of the most important things that he would want on his website is a place for lecture notes, interactive video lessons and a place where students can share notes. A discussion board for projects and experiments. In addition, resource page where students can find certain additional materials such as, how to write a lab report, APA citation application and AP testing materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment